Houston has a TON of great nightlife spots and areas, but certain spots have that First Date swag. Even if the conversation is awkward, the alcohol should help. Skip the small talk and check these places out. SHOTS!
10. GRAND PRIZE BAR, 1010 Banks, 713-526-4565 If you have a great sense of humor and aren’t afraid of a rash, take your date down to Grand Prize Bar. Cheap beer, bad furniture.
9. MARFRELESS, 2006 Peden, 713-528-0083 Just reopened! One of my FAVS in the entire city. Just ask your friends about the BLUE DOOR MAKEOUT BAR. Need a place to take the mistress? Well Marfreless, has you covered (pun intended). The drinks are strong which means your chances of getting lucky are higher!
8. STATE BAR & LOUNGE, 909 Texas, 713-229-8888
Round-up your date and head on to the historical State Bar & Lounge. The interesting decor is sure to please any fancy pants.
7. THE HARP, 1625 Richmond, 713-528-7827
Nothing spells an Irish dive bar like The Harp. Chill with a beer in this busy bar or hide in a dark corner and talk dirty nonsense to your date. Also they have an awesome MyTouchtunes internet jukebox. Get the APP!
6. RUDYARD’S, 201O Waugh, 713-521-0521
Beer= Love. Women that love beer= True Love. Rudyard’s is always great for beer soul mates.
5. LA CARAFE, 813 Congress, 713-229-9399
Oldest building in the ENTIRE city! If you’re into vintage, ghosts and jukeboxes then La Carafe is your spot. Steep staircase, and they DON’T take ANY plastic [see the old ass register in the picture?] Old vintage jukebox. Play Sinatra.
4. KUNG FU SALOON, 5317 Washington, 713-864-0642
Arcades games, Karaoke and the typical Washington D-Bag crowd. Get ur friends to meet up if the date goes down in flames.
3. MARQUIS II, 2631 Bissonet, 713-522-2090
Who ever said #1 is better than 2 obviously never visited Marquis II. Formerly a strip club, the mirrored walls and poles make it very bad ass. West University college crowd most def.
2. JOYSTIX/EIGHTTEEN TWENTY LOUNGE, 1830 Franklin, 713-224-5535
Video-gamers paradise is found at Eighteen Twenty lounge. Take your dude, booze him up and let him play.
1. CEZANNE JAZZ CLUB, 4100 Montrose, 713-522-9621
Smooth music. Great venue. Awesome drinks. Cezanne Jazz club is the classiest pick for a first date. I’ve never been here, have to check it out.